Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Eventful Morning than Usual

After getting home from dinner with  my parents at Canyon Cafe (Andrew couldn't make it because of work) around 7:15, Andrew informed me that he wanted to be in bed by 8:00 pm so that he can get up at 4:00 am to run and do P90X!  After little consideration, I hesitantly agreed to go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time. Luckily, just before we closed our eyes, I was able to convince him to wake up around 5:00 am.  This usually means I set my alarms for 4:30 am, and 4:45 am, so that I can get my lazy, bleary-eyed,  exhausted body out of bed. (There is something just wrong about going to bed when it is still very light outside...something I will consider for future bedtimes.)

**WRITER'S NOTE** Andrew got me a new iHome for my birthday that works with Bluetooth. So every night before I go to bed, I set my alarms through my phone which Bluetooths it to my iHome.  This is very exciting to me... except I can't change the alarm on it for some reason (because I haven't taken the time to try) so every time it goes off it sounds like: (I wish I could write sounds better than this to give you a better understanding of its obnoxious sound) Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink. (repeat x 1,000 ...or however many times it take you to turn off your alarm) P.S. In case any of you are interested in the new iHome dock: it just came out in May and has a dock for your iPad (if you have one). Also, like I said uses Bluetooth so I can play my iPod through my iPhone on the iHome while doing other things on it. And I can do conference calls on it through Bluetooth! It is pretty dang sweet! For those that are interested: http://www.ihomeaudio.com/

So, 4:30 alarm goes off: "Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink", "Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink" 

ME: ....WHERE IN THE HECK IS MY PHONE!?!? Kitty? Have you seen my phone?? 

"Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink"
ME: Here it is! 

As I keep my eyes squeezed shut and feel the tip of my phone on the edge of my bed.  I start moving to grab it... 

"Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink"

ME: OH MY GOSH ...TURN THIS THING OFF! (yes, it was this dramatic)

"Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink"

ME: PHONE... ::perclump::
My phone fell right in the crack between my bed frame and my mattress.

ME: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (yes, it was this dramatic)

"Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink"

I tried and tried to get my phone out but my dang hands were just way too fat! 

"Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink"

I started to bang on my bed frame like a frustrated monkey that couldn't communicate clearly. 

"Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink"

WRITER'S NOTE: Poor, poor, Andrew who had to witness all of this chaos at 4:30 in the morning because he forgot to set HIS alarm for 4:00... or was it 5:00? I can't remember anymore... that dang alarm just would not stop going off.

I threw myself out of bed to get up to the dresser and turn off that OBNOXIOUS ALARM! "Baaaaa-Rink-da-dink-di-dink-dink-dink-dink-rink-da-dink-di-dink-di-dink-di-dink-dee-dink-dink-dink" (Sorry just had to throw that last one in there to make my point!)

So now it was 4:33 in the morning and we had a phone issue at hand. (A fat hand that is, very fat indeed)  Andrew made his way over to my side (as I am already out of bed groaning and annoyed) to try to fix the situation. His hand didn't fit either. But, he managed to push the phone over to the corner of the bed-frame that is much higher than the rest of the bed frame so that there was no way possible to reach or even touch it with our fat hands.  Out of frustration he, too, started banging the mattresses like a frustrated gorilla. (but I think his reason was more productive than mine... I'm pretty sure he was trying to shake the phone out by lifting up the mattress and dropping it to create a ruckus and vibrations. Thank goodness were are on the bottom floor.) 

WRITER'S NOTE: Seriously, who does this at 4:30 in the morning! Tell me there is one other person out there that has been in this situation... at 4:30 am, and I will prove myself sane. Anyone? ANYONE?

This was getting serious.  Andrew made his way to the closet and came out with a coat hanger.  By the time my second alarm went off at 4:45 we had a phone and a button to push on the phone to turn that obnoxious alarm off! What a relief! (Can you believe it took us 15 minutes??? We were tired okay?)

Andrew decided it was time to get up... I tried to go back to bed until 5:00 as a reward of getting my phone out...even though I wasn't the one that got it. For some reason I just couldn't go back to sleep...probably out of guilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment