Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Change is Gonna Come...


Have you ever had a feeling that a lot of things in your life are going to change, but you just aren't sure when? Not sure what is going to happen, but you just know its coming... the anticipation, the thrill, and the excitement of the unknown are KILLING ME!

My mom pointed something out to me the other day about myself that I never really realized until that very moment:


I am a day-dreamer...


My mind IMMEDIATELY rewound to my childhood. I can recall sitting in class and putting my head down on the desk in between my folded arms and dreaming about all of the things that I loved! I would picture myself singing Memory center stage of the broadway, Cats, and all eyes and spotlight on me. I used to think it was so neat that I could make up my own dreams without actually falling asleep. These were my secrets, and no one would know but me.  I day-dreamed a lot!

I've always been told I am very easy to read... and I guess what I thought was a secret, was not so much.  I had been revealing these "secrets" my entire life with flying colors, and I did not even realize it.

How did she know my deepest secret?  I thought. AM I TALKING IN MY DAYDREAMS?  That couldn't be possible...

I love role-playing thoughts, plans, activities, and events that I really want to happen, over and over in my head. This is where my optimism gets the best of me, and I often let myself down when things do not work out the way I had imagined it.

I think that is why I am such an internet geek.  The day my mother pointed this realization out to me, she posted on Facebook:


The internet offers too many resources to fuel my daydreams.  

At this point in my life, I couldn't agree more.  The internet is as big or as little as you want it to be, and for me is the gateway to my fields of dreams.  I cannot get enough of it!

A few months ago, I recently discovered Pinterest.  If you haven't heard of it, you should look into it! Here is my page: http://pinterest.com/lindsayebarnes/ Not only is it a wonderful way to waste time, it is my perfect outlet for my daydreams; my picture perfect life that I always wanted to live.  One day, I will fulfill these dreams, and hopefully, I will be able to do it, conquering one "pin" at a time!

So much beautiful change has happened in my life over the past few weeks, and I think this is just the beginning. (Unless I am just being optimistic and daydreaming again.) I am trying not to get my hopes up, but one can only hope...

"It's been a long, a long time coming but I know
A change gon' come oh yes it will" ~Sam Cooke

No comments:

Post a Comment