Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's a...

Three ultrasounds later we FINALLY know the gender of our baby!  We went in last Monday for our "16 week" check up at 15 1/2 weeks.  Baby did not want to cooperate.  In fact, baby Barnes was quite modest.  I was so bummed about it that my doctor let us try again about 45 minutes later in hopes that BB had changed positions. Sure enough, baby did a complete turn around but just would budge moving that foot!  Doc said not to worry that we would definitely find out at 20 weeks.  Anyone who knows me, knows I simply couldn't wait that long to find out the gender.  I scheduled a 3d/4d ultrasound the next week.  The ultrasound company recommended that I get the doctor's signature.  When I called the doctor they told me they don't like to sign off on those until I am around 22-26 weeks because I would see a lot more, then she told me to just come in for another FREE ultrasound the next day.  Without hesitation I accepted her offer.  She prescribed that I drink LOTS of water to be sure to come into the ultrasound with a full bladder and that I eat a Snickers on the way over to the office.  Of course I HAD to follow the doctor's orders.  (I forgot how amazing Snickers are!)  When we went in for the ultrasound my bladder was DEFINITELY FULL! It seemed to work because baby Barnes was in PERFECT position for us to know the gender.  I am sure you are anxious to find out the gender.  Baby Barnes is a ...




...well, I'll let the boards explain it themselves...
It's not Oliver or Zoey...

Its not Olivia, Ryan, Zack, or Hadley...

It's a...GIRL!

YAY! Riley Grace Barnes... 16 weeks!

We couldn't be more excited to welcome our sweet girl, Riley Grace, into this world in May! I absolutely cannot wait to spoil her to death. I am already obsessed with Etsy, Baby Gap, and Pinterest... bring on the bows, tutus, and leg warmers.

Stay tuned for how we picked her name!

No comments:

Post a Comment