Monday, February 25, 2013

27 Weeks & Officially in the 3rd Trimester

That is right everyone, Riley is now officially in the homestretch. She is becoming more active than ever. (Sometimes it is a little uncomfortable, but nothing unmanageable.) I am sure it is just going to keep intensifying as these weeks go by.  The more I feel her sweet rolls and kicks (usually feel more rolling around than punching or kicking), the closer I feel to her.  Then when she's asleep, I forget I am pregnant.  Just kidding.  I actually get worried because I am a worrywart. What? Yes, I already can tell I am going to be one of those moms that worry about everything. I am not worried that Riley is going to mess up, but that I am going to fail at my parenting job and mess up somewhere along the line.  I know we all make mistakes and learn from them but I just want to make sure that I will be doing the best I can do at the time. If i know and truly feel it was the best I could do, then I wont be too hard on myself.  If I know there was something I could have done better for a better outcome, then I will be a little upset, fix it, and move on. Anyway, when Riley isn't moving (or sleeping) I worry that I ate something wrong, or I worked my body too hard, or didn't get enough sleep... the endless worries go on.  Then she wakes up and I can relax again...kind of.  BABIES DO HAVE TO SLEEP! I must keep reminding myself that! ;) 

Good news,  I read that if Riley was born prematurely today she would have a >90% chance of survival. That is amazing!  I am so proud of our little sweet angel. She is working so hard in there and I could't be a more proud mother!  She is getting so strong. 

We have spent the first half of Riley's 27th gestational week in the Big Easy. We came down here so that Andrew and my dad could run the Rock'n'Roll New Orleans Marathon. (For the record, they definitely ROCKED it!)  This is Riley's first trip here (not that she will ever remember it) and boy let me tell you, this girl has been lucky enough to experience New Orleans's finest eats. I sure hope she loves food as much as I do (Riley if you don't I apologize now for making you suffer 10 months of forced eating).  I am pretty sure we are eating our way through the city.  Luckily, most places are walking distance so we are getting in quite a bit of exercise to help offset the extra calories. 

Enough of me blabbin.  Here are a few photos from our trip, and a little follow up with how we are moving along.

Andrew and me in the Hilton on St. Charles Lobby

My parents, Andrew and me at Commander's Palace last night

Family Picture in front of Liuzzo's Restaurant and Bar

I got to see my one of my favorite girls I know, Erin, and her amazing boyfriend Patrick! So good to see y'all!! xoxo

Lastly, here is a belly pic of me @ 27 weeks!


   
  • How far along?: 27 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: Head of Cauliflower!  Just ate one of those the other night. I must say, it was pretty big!
  • Total weight gain/loss: I think I am going to take this category out.  Every time I read it, I feel my heart sink a little deeper into my newly acquired fat. 
  • The Bump:  PRESENT!  There is not doubt about it, this bump isn't going anywhere until baby Riley arrives.  Can't really hide it that well either. 
  • Symptoms:  Starting to get a little uncomfortable.  Fatigue has returned (as I hear it usually does in the third trimester).  My stomach will be sore in certain spots throughout the day (I assume from the stretching it is currently undergoing).  
  • Food Cravings: I am leaving this one the same as last week. No change. I am actually craving to crave something. COME ON CRAVINGS... where you at?
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or SickNope.
  • Sleep: Wake up 2-3 times a night for restroom breaks and a little tossing and turning throughout the night.  Other than that, I sleep pretty well.
  • What I missBeing in control of my body.  At this point I just have to lean on God and know that he is in control and these changes are natural.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: RILEY GRACE
  • Gender: Baby Barnes is a girl! 
  • Movement: YES! YES! and YES! She is pretty dang active one day, then the next few she backs off and gives her momma a break. Then she's right back at it! 
  • Maternity Clothes: Just ordered three more maternity dresses so that I can actually have something to wear to these upcoming weddings and showers.  Still need more clothes.
  • Labor Signs: N/A
  • Best Moment of the Week: WOW so much!  My handsome nephew, Benjamin Andrew, was born!  (PICTURE BELOW!) Getting to experience New Orleans with my parents, Andrew, and Riley.  (First time in YEARS I have been here without drinking. I am seeing a whole different side to this amazing city!)  Oh yes, and not sure if I mentioned this last week but I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST! :) Pretty happy about that too. I had no reason to be worried, but was. (I told you guys, I am a worrywart.)
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Sad, but getting my hair done this week. These roots have GOT to go!  



  • ...and now I will leave you with the best part of this post.  Please welcome my sweet nephew, Benjamin Andrew. Born February 18, 2013.  9 lbs., 15 oz. & 21 inches. 

    1 comment:

    1. I stumbled across your blog from Pinterest. I love your chalkboard designs, but was curious where you found the gorgeous lace dress? I am due in June and looking for wedding/shower clothes!! Best wishes with your pregnancy :)

      ReplyDelete